Church Society is a voluntary association of members who wish to maintain the worship and doctrine of the church according to biblical standards.
The Society depends financially on its members and supporting churches. It is controlled by a Council, elected at the annual general meeting. The current members of the Council are:
- Nigel Atkinson – Nigel is Vicar of Knutsford & Toft, and author of the book Richard Hooker and Authority.
- Mark Burkill – Mark is Vicar of Christ Church, Leyton and has been a Church Society Trust director for a number of years. He has written a number of items for the Latimer Trust of which he is Chairman.
- Paul Darlington – Paul is Vicar of Oswestry Holy Trinity, and a Church Society Trust director. He is the author of our booklet, Evangelical Ministry in a Non-Evangelical Parish.
- Martin Davy – Martin is Vicar of Holy Trinity Church, Theale. He is a trustee of Dr Ellington’s Charity and serves on the Board of Patronage for Oxford Diocese.
- Michael Hayden – Michael is curate at St Andrew’s Church, Norwich.
- James Hughes – James is Vicar of Duffield and Little Eaton in Derbyshire and has served on the FWS Council for more than 15 years, he has been on Chester Diocesan Synod, taught on SNWTP, and done research on NT ecclesiology.
- Rebecca Hunt – Rebecca is a barrister, law lecturer, and CEEC member in Bishops Waltham, Hampshire.
- Chris Kilgour – Chris is Vicar of Northaw and Cuffley in Hertfordshire. He trained at Oak Hill and was curate in Chalk, near Gravesend. Before that, he spent a dozen years working in software development.
- Rob Munro – Rob is Rector of St.Mary’s, Cheadle and Chair of the Fellowship of Word & Spirit and on the Council of the Latimer Trust. He is a member of General Synod and chairs the House of Clergy for Chester Diocese.
- Amanda Robbie – Amanda is an author, blogger, mother and vicar’s wife in the multicultural inner city parish of Holy Trinity, West Bromwich. Amanda blogs and tweets as @thevicarswife and is on the CEEC.
- Andrew Towner (Chairman) – Andrew is Vicar of Houghton and Kingmoor in Carlisle Diocese. Trustee of Carlisle Diocesan Board of Finance, Chair of Diocesan Board of Education and ReNew Carlisle Diocese.
- Jason Ward – Jason is vicar of St Mary’s, Chaddesden, Derby. Before that, he was Associate Minister at St. Peter’s Harold Wood. He has served on Church Society Council for two years.
Our honorary officers are:
- President: the Rt Revd Rod Thomas.
- Vice Presidents: Revd Dick Farr, Revd David Phillips, Mrs Alison Ruoff, Canon Michael Walters.
- Honorary Treasurer: Revd Rupert Mackay
The statement of faith agreed to by all Church Society Council members and directors. Members of Church Society are not asked to agree to this unless they are elected to Council.