Churchman is an international journal produced quarterly by Church Society. The journal was first published in 1879 and since that time it has established its place as essential reading
for Christians who wish to gain a Biblical perspective on a range
of matters. Leading writers deal with current issues, historical
themes, and the Evangelical doctrine in which we believe.
Churchman is unique in being an Anglican
journal with a consistently high standard of scholarship that
is not aimed at academics alone. It deals with topics that need
to be clarified in the light of the Bible, the Thirty-nine Articles
and the Canons of the Church of England.
|Editor: Professor Gerald Bray
||Review Editor: Revd Lee Gatiss
||Chairman of Editorial Board: Revd Dr Mike Ovey
|Volume 128 Issue 1 ( Spring 2014 )|
|Editor: Bray, Gerald|
|View the editorial (pdf)|
|Order this issue from the online store.|
|Brazier, P. H.||C.S. Lewis on Ministry: A Model for the Church of England?|
|Roberts, Vaughan||J. C. Ryle: 'Evangelical Churchman'|
|Rowe, Lesley A.||Should I Stay or Should I Go? The Anglican Dilemma of Arthur Hildersham and Francis Johnson|
|Wabukala, Eliud||The Thirty-Nine Articles of Religion: The Church and Its Mission|
>> Articles Index
Forthcoming Articles (alphabetical by author)
- Evan Burns - Andrew Fuller's Heavenly-Minded Piety
- Sean Denny - Augustine on Grace and Free Will
- George Ella - Bullinger's Influence on the Church of England
- David Furse-Roberts - The Victorian Evangelical Shaftesbury
- Jon English Lee - Sabbatarianism in the Early Church
- Graham O'Brien - Worship as Biblical Theology
- David Phipps - Gorham and the Penzance Judgment
- Edward Scrase-Field - Jonathan Edwards and Youth
- Melvin Tinker - Risky Business?
>> More about Churchman
page is part of the website of Church Society.